List:       aspell-user
Subject:    =?GB2312?Q?Re=3A_=5BAspell-user=5D_aspell_ignore_=BA=BA=D7=D6?=
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () gnu ! org>
Date:       2011-02-22 17:36:36

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, trideceth12@msn.com wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I understand there is no aspell support for Chinese, but is there a way
> to simply ignore all Chinese characters? Perhaps just ignore all Unicode
> in the range that represents Chinese Characters???

This is not really an Aspell issue.  Aspell will check what ever word it
is given.  Its the application that should not be sending words with
Chinese Unicode characters, especially when the spell checker language is
set to English.

Note, if Aspell is used as a stand-alone (command line) application it
will do this (ignore charters outside of the range of the language it's
checking) automatically.