List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] multiple language support
From:       Saif Khaja <saifk () Benetech ! org>
Date:       2009-10-21 18:20:51

Hello all,
I am trying to find out if there is any upcoming support from Aspell to support spell \
checking in multiple languages at once. I noticed such requests have been made in the \
                past and some custom solutions have been developed to support this \
                requirement:
E.g.: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2158024&group_id=245&atid=350245.

If therýe is no near term solution for this common requirement, then I was wondering \
which of the two approaches is possible and optimal for me consider for lets say 3 \
langs en | es | ru?  1. Invoke aspell 3 times for langs "en | es | ru" and capture \
misspelled words. 2. Combine the dictionaries as suggested here \
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Georgek

I do need to track all misspelled words but I will not be needing suggestions so it \
simplifies my need to some extent at the moment. But it would be nice to see some \
standard support from Aspell.

Thanks,
SK.