List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] HTML entities?
From:       Ian Macky <ian () macky ! net>
Date:       2009-07-13 20:15:20

Hi...

I'm trying to use aspell to check some French text I transcribed and
turned into HTML, but the "Html/Sgml mode", while correctly ignoring tags,
does not understand [character] entities.  Are they not supported??

"syst&egrave;me" etc doesn't check very well if the entities aren't
processed!

I gave up on ispell.  There is some sort of patch for processing HTML
entities, but only for a 10-year-old version.  The latest ispell understands
HTML tags but also does not process entities.

Thanks...

--ian