List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Nachshon Draiman, Stress Management: 7 Universal Laws for Managing Change
From:       Blogger Man <bloggerman08 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-12-18 9:51:16

Nachshon Draiman, Stress Management: 7 Universal Laws for Managing Change

1. The Law of Stagnation
This is also known as first order change.  First order change is a type of change \
where there really is no change. How's that again? Pretty foggy, huh?
Allow me to clear it up for you. Authors Waltzlawick, Weakland and Fisch, in their \
book "Change: Principles of Problem Formation and Problem Resolution" explain it this \
way: "...A person having a nightmare can do many things in their dream - run, hide, \
fight, scream, jump off a cliff, etc. - but no change from any one of these behaviors \
to another would ever terminate the nightmare." In other words, you can have lots of \
action and moving around, without any real change taking place. A good example from \
the relationship world is the belief that ending one relationship for another will \
change everything and make you happy. Not necessarily. Remember these profound words \
of wisdom, "Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." 2. The Law of \
Transformation This is also known as second order change. Again, according to the \
authors, "The one way out of a dream involves a change from dreaming to waking. \
Waking, obviously, is no longer a part of the dream, but a change to a different \
state altogether." In other words, transformation, or put more simply, real change, \
involves movement from one state to another. 3. The Law of The Clutch
This is also known as the law of conscious attention. Several years ago, the clutch \
went out on my two year old car. I asked the mechanic why this would happen so soon \
and he asked me a few questions about how I drive. It turns out I was a champion \
clutch rider. If it was possible for me to have the clutch in, it was in. What's the \
point? Well, I found myself having to pay conscious attention to something I had been \
doing, kind of unconsciously, for years - driving. There are times in our life where \
we have to pay conscious and careful attention to what we are doing and thinking in \
order to get the changes we want. 4. The Law of Others
Whenever you set out to change someone else, you are doomed to frustration and \
failure. The only  person we can change is ourselves, and that's difficult enough \
sometimes. 5. The Law of Wet Diapers
The only person who always likes change is a wet baby. Sometimes change can be the \
last thing we want. At the same time, change is an inevitable part of our lives. 6. \
The Law of Waves Like change, there are three ways to handle a wave: you can let it \
knock you down, you can survive it, or you can ride it and thrive. Only the wisest \
and most creative of people do the latter. 7. The Law of Kaleidoscopes
Remember the kaleidoscopes we played with as kids? You would look through the hole in \
the tube, turn the end of the tube and watch the colors change. Many times there \
would be a series of small shifts followed by a big shift in the picture. That's \
often how we change as well. We make a series of small shifts leading to big changes. \
So if you find yourself frustrated by only being able to make small changes, \
remember, big changes can be just one more small shift away. Visit  for tips and \
tools for creating and growing a great relationship. You can also subscribe to our \
f*r*e*e 10 day e-program on how to enrich your relationship today, from relationship \
coach and expert Jeff Herring.