List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user]  Nachshon Draiman, Live With Energy - Live With Passion
From:       Blogger Man <bloggerman08 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-12-18 8:40:07

Nachshon Draiman, Live With Energy - Live With Passion

 The plan has it that we work until we are too tired to contine, then 'retire'. \
Doesn't the word retire say it all - 're' suggests we are just doing the same thing \
again - getting tired. Have you ever noticed that you never get tired doing something \
you love. Remember the feeling when you come home after a long days snow skiing or \
shopping. Your whole body just wants to collapse into that armchair. Your body is \
weary, but you feel great! It's been a terrific day.  With the plethora of \
opportunities for people to work in later years, why is it that so many retire, just \
to become old. For generations, we have been focused on the expectation that come 55 \
or 60 we retire to do all the things in life we always wanted to do. We see \
retirement as a passage of honor. But what if you planned you life to live with \
passion - and you actually love your job. Why stop just to play in the garden and \
take an offshore vacation each year?   For many, the reality of retirement is not as \
glamorous as the concept. They find themselves bored, socially isolated and unhappy. \
Well, after 6-12 months anyway.   Our bodies are no longer subjected to the heavy \
loads previously endured through more physical vocations. As our worklife today is \
considerably more sedentary, our bodies no longer need to stop at a certain age. \
Rather than use the adage retirement, why not embrace this age as a 'relive' point. \
That point, where you reassess the way you earn an income, the passions you have in \
your life and how you want to approach the next twenty years.   Rather than buy into \
the social norm, using age - why not let your body and mind dictate your 'relive' \
point. All through my life I have tried to live with passion - for those I loved, and \
for the things I loved doing. I have had incredible highs and devastating lows, but \
one thing has remained constant - I am determined NOT to live the same day over and \
over, like so many do.   Sure, it takes courage to make a change. And sure, not all \
changes are what we expected. So what! One can always make another change, and \
another, until you find yourself immersed in a life so rich, the hours of the day \
whip past you before you realise you have even passed the age of 30.   I prefer to \
take my 'retirement' years as I go. Once I passed age 40, I found many of my friends \
we falling off the face of the earth, either from accidents or illness. What is the \
point of leaving all those things you really want to do, until the latter years, when \
you may longer be physically capable of doing them.   Accept the economic cost and \
have the courage to take a year off to explore new horizons. You may find at the end \
of the year, not only are you more passionately invested in your new role, but you \
are actually making sufficient income that you no longer need to return to your \
previous mode of employment. I tend to work on seven year cycles. Five years of solid \
consulting, followed by two years of exploring new fields. This not only develops me \
as a person, but also provides me with a lot deeper knowledge and perspective for my \
next set of clients.   The past two years I have focused on setting up passive income \
streams for my retirement, in a new field for me - electronic information. I have \
loved learning how to use Dreamweaver and Photoshop. I have a passion for art, \
photography and architecture, so naturally I have a site on remodeling and \
renovations. I love technology and marketing, so I have a couple of websites on that \
as well. And I love success, you guessed it, I have a website on success also. I have \
successfully integrated all my passions into a expanding network of income.   As I \
embark on my next five year round of consulting I am eager to continue to expand my \
new areas of passion, and work them into my workday. It just doesn't seem like work.  \
Life is not about getting older. It's about gathering more experiences and \
maintaining your mind and body in the best possible state to embrace new \
opportunities. It's like friends - make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, \
the other gold. Use the same approach with everything in your life. Try new \
activities, new paths of travel, new ideas, new ways to earn an income. You may \
surprise yourself. And your body will love you for it. The old adage - Use It Or Lose \
It, holds true for both the body and the mind. Muscle loss and loss of brain function \
both result from lack of exercise.   Live with passion, live by your rules. Don't \
have time to get old!