List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] ? starts the returned line
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () gnu ! org>
Date:       2005-10-28 0:10:10

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Jan Sindberg wrote:

> I use aspell like this:
> aspell -a --master=danish --lang=danish -encoding=utf-8 -H
> </tmp/aspell_data_UibNhs 2>&1
>
> One of the returned lines looks like
> ? tørfvægt 0 2455:tør
>
> I cannot see what the ? means. I have checked the page:
> http://aspell.sourceforge.net/man-html/Through-A-Pipe.html#Through-A-Pipe

Sorry the document needs to be updated.  It follows the same convention
that Ispell does.  From the ispell manual: "If there are no near misses at
all, the line format is the  same,  except  that  the '&' is replaced by
'?' (and the near-miss count is always zero).

A copy of the Ispell manual can be found at
   http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=1&topic=ispell