List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell
From:       Clytie Siddall <clytie () riverland ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-02-25 3:07:21

On 23/02/2005, at 7:03 AM, Steven Stapleton wrote:

> progess.
> installing aspell 6.0 on a Mac OS X
> we used the path command from afp548.com
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
>
> So the dict installed now. The aspell is now running in en_us, german
> and french.  Connection to CommuniGatePro was simple after that.
>
> Thanks all for the help. So wanted to pass it along to the group, in
> case someone else runs it on a MAC OS X.3.7

Steven, if it's OK with you, could you please outline the steps for
installing aspell v 6.0 on Mac OSX 10.3? (I'm currently running 10.3.8
but it shouldn't make any significant difference to 10.3.7.) I've
copied this to you in case you're not still reading the list: I hope
that is OK.

I installed aspell 5.x via Fink (it didn't have any later version), but
I don't know how to update it to aspell 6.0, which I downloaded
separately.

I need to use the Vietnamese dictionary, which I also downloaded
separately, but don't know how to get aspell using it.

I need to be able to do this, so when I localize aspell in Vietnamese
(for The Translation Project at the University of Montréal), I can
explain how to set it up for our language.

I don't have a lot of experience in Unix installs, so I would
appreciate an outline of what I need to do to get it working.

I had almost given up, because nobody answered my initial emails, but
kept reading the list and saw your post today. :)  Thankyou very much
for being willing to pass on your experience. If I can get this
working, I can pass it on to my community.

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở th nh phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc