List:       arts
Subject:    aRts Documentation
From:       Jeff Tranter <tranter () pobox ! com>
Date:       2000-12-24 15:48:11

I'm planning to start working on improving the aRts documentation.
I'd like to outline my proposal and get feedback on it before I
start.  What I envision is:
- one manual for aRts, including artsbuilder and utilities
- in the standard KDE docbook format
- will go in CVS in kdemultimedia/docs/arts
- will eventually replace the existing documentation
- we can also put it on the aRts web site
- based on material from:
  - aRts 0.3.x manual
  - artsbuilder manual in kdemultimedia
  - misc. docs in kdelibs/arts
  - additional new material

Below is an outline. The aRts 0.3 manual is a very good starting point,
and I've used that as a basis for the outline and plan to take all of
the relevant material from it. I don't feel qualified to write all of the
chapters -- an advantage of a good outline is that other people
can see what work is to be done and work on chapters individually.

Introduction
  What is aRts?
  History

Downloading and Building aRts