List:       arts
Subject:    aRts maintenance
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2004-12-02 15:15:07

   Hi!

I have finally come to the conclusion that I won't continue to work on aRts
and I think its better to announce this publically than to walk away silently.
Thus, whoever wishes to carry on work or rely on the code will also have an
idea on the reasons why I no longer work on it. In general I hope that this
contribution to the free software community has been beneficial, and might
continue to be so, to those who wish to use it as a whole or its parts.

I put a more complete text describing reasons, perspectives and implications
on arts-project.org: http://www.arts-project.org/doc/arts-maintenance.html

   Cu... Stefan