List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] Apache 1.3 and db connection pooling
From:       Kyrre Kristiansen <kyrre_kristiansen () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-02-19 12:41:37

Hello, everyone.

We're working on a Apache 1.3x module that uses an
Oracle database for data storage.
We have a need to be able to keep a connection pool,
but with one slight difference to the normal ones.

A client must be able to do a series of calls to the
server, which in turn writes to the database, and
finally send a commit request. To be able to do this,
we need the same database connection for each call
from the client.

Is there a way of either:
1. Make sure that each request from a client uses the
same Apache  process, and make that hold the actual
connection in-between requests.
2. Make a global connection-pool, and make sure that
all the sub-processes have access to the same pool,
including synchronisation.

We have a furter problem in cleaning up timed-out
connection (do a rollback in the database), but I
think that might be clearer once we know how to go
about making the pool.

Any help greatly appreciated.
regards,
Kyrre.