List:       apache-modperl-dev
Subject:    Re: cvs commit:	modperl-2.0/xs/Apache/RequestRec	Apache__RequestRec.h
From:       Geoffrey Young <geoff () modperlcookbook ! org>
Date:       2004-02-12 23:46:35

> Oh, well, that's the price to pay when you are not riding the "bleeding"
> edge ;-)

:)

>>I guess we need to decide what to do about warnings like these that aren't
>>caught by older versions of gcc - either the remaining two of us need to
>>upgrade or, well, I don't know what.
>

> Well, for now, I don't mind being the gcc -Wall police and expose & fix
> problems as I experience them. No urgent need to force a forward upgrade
> for anybody.

ok, cool.  the first error looks pretty bogus to me, though - I guess it's
the split if-blocks that are giving it trouble (or it's too late in the
evening for me :)

> I do suspect, though, that this error is genuinly a problem :
>
> modperl_callback.c: In function `modperl_callback_run_handlers':
> modperl_callback.c:206: warning: implicit declaration of function `MpReqPERL_SET_ENV_SRV'
> modperl_callback.c:216: warning: implicit declaration of function `MpReqPERL_SET_ENV_DIR'
>
> Looks like you created those 2 new functions and did not check in their
> implementation.

those are autogenerated in modperl_flags.h via ModPerl::Code.  did you start
from 'perl Makefile.PL...' or simply 'make'?  or maybe I need to add an
#include?

--Geoff