List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    RE: Embperl/mod_perl/DSO again
From:       "Gerald Richter" <richter () ecos ! de>
Date:       1999-09-30 18:05:58

> and I wanna check alternative - HTML::Embperl 1.1.1
>
> My mod_perl is compiled as DSO, and I steped on rake (use
> HTML::Embperl in startup.pl), but after removing this string, I
> got [* *] tags on response.

The doc's tells us:

     	[* Perl code *]
 	(only version 1.2b2 or higher)

So upgrade to 1.2b9 (it's just as stable as 1.1.1) and you won't see the [*
*] anymore

> And references to logfile returns file not found!

You need to set up EMBPERL_VIRTLOG and a <Location> for it:

dbgLogLink = 8192
Inserts a link at the top of each page which can be used to view the log for
the current HTML file. See also EMBPERL_VIRTLOG.

Example:

    SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477
    SetEnv EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /embperl/log

    <Location /embperl/log>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
    Options ExecCGI
    </Location>

Gerald

Gerald Richter      ecos electronic communication services gmbh
Internet - Infodatenbanken - Apache - Perl - mod_perl - Embperl

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Tel:        +49-6133/925151
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de      Fax:        +49-6133/925152