List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    RE: Mason and Embperl
From:       "Gerald Richter" <richter () ecos ! de>
Date:       1999-07-31 18:30:32

> I like Mason's addressing using a component root with absolute
> and relative addresses. Can anyone who's used Embperl's newer
> component features comment on it's advantages or disadvantages?

Currently Embperl let you adress your components as an absolute path or
relativ to the directory of the executing script. Also it's possible to
install components as a perl module and do a "use", which searches the perl
lib path.

> I guess I'm leaning toward Mason at this point partly because my
> current CGI implementation is very similar to a Mason dhandler,
> using PATH_INFO to choose which Perl object will create the page.

Embperl doesn't have something like dhandler. Further releases may have some
features which will have similar functionality, but surely not in 1.2.

You can still use PATH_INFO inside Embperl, like you does it with your CGI
scripts. There is no difference between CGI and Embperl concerning the
PATH_INFO.

Gerald