List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: ModPerl: Most used, proven platform?
From:       Hervé_Renault <Herve.Renault () pratique ! fr>
Date:       1999-05-31 14:51:53

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 02:25:16PM -0400, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> mod_perl is actually pretty new on the block.  All sorts of other things
> were around long before mod_perl, including Cold Fusion, ASP, PHP,
> MetaHTML and many more.
>
> In terms of pure numbers there are more ASP, Cold Fusion and PHP sites out
> there.

since performance or correctness is not really considered by managers
who prefer to rely to "rely" on *commercial products*, maybe you
should look at Velocigen ? I saw an ad for this in The Perl Journal #13
(spring 1999) It's a commercial product from www.BinaryEvolution.com
which seems similar to mod_perl AND is commercial...
I've not tried it. Has anyone ?

nb: note the fee is rather high

 Runtime License Fees
 Linux $999 Free for non-commercial use