List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: SVN::Client problem under mp2
From:       Enno <burglar () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2006-04-19 13:54:22

found the cause of the problem, apache 2.0.49 + mp 2.0.2 doesnt properly
change userid after start, eventhough effective userid is set properly,
the users homedir is still set to /root (under modperl)

svn::client tries to read a (useless) config file from ~/.subversion/
if it cant find it (ENOENT), its ok, but if it looks under /root, you'll
get a permission denied (EACCES), and svn libraries raise an exception.

now the weird problem, it works properly on a different box with an old
modperl (1.99_09), running on apache 2.0.54.

so I dont know if this is a problem with an older apache, or with a new
modperl2.

if anyone had similar problems with this (change effective userid), you
might be able to tell me if this is caused by apache or modperl.

thanks in advance.

Enno