List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    SOLVED: DBD::mysql and libmysqlclient.so.10
From:       Ryan Thompson <ryan () sasknow ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 6:13:09

Ryan Thompson wrote to William Rusch:

> I HAVEN'T yet striven to recompile mod_perl, but I suspect that may be
> where I am headed next. mod_perl is compiled as a DSO, with APXS.

OK, I figured it out myself this time. :-)

I had tried to re-make mod_perl, which itself didn't solve the
problem. What happened, however, was I messed up the order of the
dependencies. I had installed Mysql prior to installing mod_perl,
which, apparently, was the wrong thing to do. I deinstalled Mysql
(thanks to the FreeBSD ports collection ;-) and then did "make
reinstall", which apparently knocked things back to where they
should be, with mod_perl.

Strange, but true! ;-)

Thanks for the help,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon