List:       apache-docs
Subject:    Re: wiki scratch-pad
From:       Tony Stevenson <tony () pc-tony ! com>
Date:       2007-07-04 14:09:21

Vincent Bray wrote:
> On 01/07/07, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
>> I don't like the whole scratch-pad idea. It seems like documents will
>> wind up living there forever since there are no criteria to move
>> things in or out. Plus any time something does move in or out, the URL
>> gets changed. I hate changing URLs.
>
> Agreed, it's a hangover from when the wiki started life on one of
> pctony's servers. Changing URLs is bad practice as you say (which is
> presumably why we still have
> http://httpd.apache.org/info/apache_on_linux.html :-) but, should we
> have a sweeping cleanup rather than letting the current page structure
> lie?

I think we should flatten it all now, and keep with that going forward.
I am happy to do the flattening out as it seems to be my hangover :-)

I can then uniformly name the pages with the correct casing. I think I
prefer CamelCase in this scenario.

We can then set about updating fajita's brain accordingly.

Unless I hear otherwise I will start this later this evening (BST that is)

> Also, it's long been intended to move some of the wiki content to the
> main docs. Do you see any viable candidates for transformation yet?

iirc wasn't somebody writing and xslt for this?