List:       ant-user
Subject:    Re: AW: How to silence javac task?
From:       Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwaebli () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-11-28 10:01:45

The best thing would be if it is build into Ant. Whenever a error occurs and the \
script stops, it should print the call stack with Ant file names and target names, \
not only the line numbers and file names.
  It could really be helpful in some cases for solving what went wrong in a script.

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
  mmm ... I had tested that in the past ...
I did a retest on Ant 1.5 (failed, ok - no scriptdef ;) 1.6.0+1.6.5 (no "self").
But works on 1.7.0RC1 ... (mmm ... I had posted that in 2004 ... I should play in a \
lottery ;)

I have found the snippet in my local library. With a note
Benoetigt Ant >1.6.3 (unbekannt ob 1.6.4 oder 1.6.5 funktionieren)
(translation)
needs Ant >1.6.3 (unknown if 1.6.4 or 1.6.5 would work)

2004-07-16 Ant 1.6.2
2004-11-18 the script
2005-04-28 Ant 1.6.4
2005-06-02 Ant 1.6.5
2006-11-05 Ant 1.7.0RC1

I'll have a look into the svn-history about "self" ...

Jan