List:       ant-user
Subject:    <whereAmI> doesnt run on 1.6.x but on 1.7  (WAS: How to silence javac task?)
From:       <Jan.Materne () rzf ! fin-nrw ! de>
Date:       2006-11-28 8:27:25

* <scriptdef> is implemented by oata.taskdefs.optional.script.ScriptDef (according to \
                oata/taskdefs/default.properties).
* ScriptDef's executeScript(Map,Map,ScriptDefBase) method configures the script \
                runner and starts the script.
* While configuration it adds some global references: attributes, elements, project \
                and self
* Adding the self-reference was introduced [1] in revision 276682 on 2004-07-07 [2], \
so between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2.

So "self" should work

* "self" was added with
      runner.addBean("self", self);
  in 2004. Now (since rev 278277 [4])it is done with
      if (instance != null) {
          runner.addBean("self", instance);
      }
  So, maybe "instance" is null in <=1.6.5 but not in 1.7?

Jan

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/script/ScriptDef.java?view=log
 [2] Initial commit
    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/script/ScriptDef.java?r1=276390&r2=276682&diff_format=h