List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] PgSQL storage doc clarification
From:       Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis () ijs ! si>
Date:       2007-04-17 17:56:08

Robert,

> I am trying to setup storage in our PgSQL database using the following
> doc, but I am not sure which schemas are to be loaded in which
> databases. I assume I am to cut/paste the necessary CREATE TABLE
> sections as the schema to use? But which tables should be created in
> mail_logs and which for mail_prefs?
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql-pg.txt

Yes, you can cut/paste the schemas as-is from this readme file.

The database in @lookup_sql_dsn needs the read-only tables,
i.e. the users, mailaddr, wblist, policy.

The database in @storage_sql_dsn needs the read/write tables,
i.e. the maddr, msgs, msgrcpt, quarantine.

Both the @lookup_sql_dsn and the @storage_sql_dsn may point
to the same database, so in this case you would place
all tables in the same database. Name it whatever you want.

  Mark