List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] amavisd-new and spamassassin
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2005-01-30 23:35:46

On Sunday 30 of January 2005 22:51, Daniel Luttermann wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> > I would like spamassassin to check awl in SQL database. I entered
> > appropriate config options to my local.cf file and I get such an entry in
> > my mysql log file:
> > 050130 21:21:27  112559 Connect     spamassassin@localhost on user_auth
> >                  112559 Query       SELECT count, totscore FROM userpref
> >               WHERE username = 'amavis' AND email =
> > 'ignore@compiling.spamassassin.taint.org' AND ip = 'none'
> >                  112559 Quit
> >
> > as you can see username='amavis' which is IMO incorrect. It should
> > propably be recipient's email, shouldn't it? How do I achieve that? The
> > same thing applies to email field (which should be sender's address). Are
> > they passed from amavisd-new to spamassassin module?
> >
> This is the correct behavior. Amavisd calls spamassassin directly so
> sa sees only the user that amavisd run as.
And what about source address?

> The same happens when you use bayes. Per user bayes and/or whitelisting is
> not possible.

Does amavis have such information? I mean recipient's and sender's address? If
so, couldn't this information be passed to SA and used for bayes and
whitelisting? At least in theory and to be implemented.

> If you need that you should disable spam scanning in amavisd and use
> spamassassin with procmail/maildrop depending on your setup.
This would propably be quite difficult as all usernames/passwords are kept in
mysql database so there are no real system users.

Tomek