List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] amavisd-new and spamassassin
From:       Daniel Luttermann <daniel () dlutt ! de>
Date:       2005-01-30 21:51:51

Hi Tomasz,

> I would like spamassassin to check awl in SQL database. I entered appropriate
> config options to my local.cf file and I get such an entry in my mysql log
> file:
> 050130 21:21:27  112559 Connect     spamassassin@localhost on user_auth
>                  112559 Query       SELECT count, totscore FROM userpref
>               WHERE username = 'amavis' AND email =
> 'ignore@compiling.spamassassin.taint.org' AND ip = 'none'
>                  112559 Quit

> as you can see username='amavis' which is IMO incorrect. It should propably be
> recipient's email, shouldn't it? How do I achieve that? The same thing
> applies to email field (which should be sender's address). Are they passed
> from amavisd-new to spamassassin module?

> Tomek

This is the correct behavior. Amavisd calls spamassassin directly so
sa sees only the user that amavisd run as. The same happens when you
use bayes. Per user bayes and/or whitelisting is not possible.

If you need that you should disable spam scanning in amavisd and use
spamassassin with procmail/maildrop depending on your setup.

--
Best Regards
Daniel Luttermann