List:       amavis-tech
Subject:    [AMaViS-tech] Some problems with amavis-ng
From:       "Nico Seessle" <nico () seessle ! de>
Date:       2002-06-29 18:09:00

Hi,

I installed amavis-ng from cvs on my Debian Woody box and tried to use it
with H+B EDV AntiVir.

I found two problems:

(Let me warn you, I'm not a good perl programmer!)

- Line 297 in AMAVIS.pm seems to be wrong. It currenty reads

  "my
$filetype=$self->{MAGIC}->checktype_filename("$$args{'directory'}/parts/$fil
ename");"

  but I think it should read

  "my
$filetype=$magic->checktype_filename("$$args{'directory'}/parts/$filename");
"

  (at least that makes it work for me :-) )

- in hbEDV.pm the argument "-q" is passed to antivir. At least in my version

6.14.0.1
operating system: Linux (glibc)
product version:  2.0.3
engine version:   6.14.0.1
packlib version:  2.0.0.3 (supports 18 formats)
vdf version:      6.14.0.6 (66569 known viruses)

 this leads to no output at all (just an errorcode of 1). Since AMaVis tries
to interpret the output and only stops the mail if it finds some line
containing "virus" that makes it really useless with this version.

I have done both changes in my local version and it now properly recognizes
the EICAR testfiles.

Thanks for this great product.

Nico