List:       amavis-tech
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-tech] Core team meeting this week
From:       "dibo" <dibo () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-06-26 14:24:47

Hi,

> Therefore we are seeking feedback from you. In what kind of
> environment are you using (or thinking about using) AMaViS? What
> features would you like to see implemented or extended? What concerns
> do you have with which branch of AMaViS?

We use amavisd 20020300 with sednmail-milter 8.12.3 on debian 2.0 potato (
production environment) and amavisd-new 20020517 with sendmail-milter 8.12.3
on debian 3.0 woody (testing environment) for amavis-milter. And two alphas
with True 64 unix and sendmail 8.12.3 connect to milter via inet socket.

I've added everithing what I wan't for now to amavis except of rejecting of
virii mesages instead of silently discarding them. But this can be better
implemented with perl milter. My idea is to make dynamic reject messages (
with virus name) and dynamic text in added header (with virus Scanner name
and version).

I'm in testing phase ( if everithing works good I send difs to AMaVisS-tech
list on this friday or monday) of new amavi-milter.c (based on
amavis-milter.c 1.1.2.3.2.30 from CVS amavisd branch) with this enhacements:

- rewriten unlinking of socket at startup of milter in main(), for now
socket is unlinked only if -p parameter contains unix:, local:  or none
prefixes ( if you use inet or inet6 socket yuo have nothing to delete)
- added -x and -X command line parameters -x allow to change x-header tag
and -X change x_header_line, that means we can completly change header line
adde when mail was virus free
- milter now store and sent to amavisd name of connected server (from
{if_name} sendmail macro), sendmail msgid ( i macro ), client address (
adres of client attached to sendmail from mlfi_connect() callback). I must
change clearpriv() function for make this work. I send this additionals
parameters to amavisd as LDA and LDAARGS because  this minimalize changes
done in amavisd.in which is different in amavisd and amavisd-new.
- rewrite of sending parameters in mlfi_eom() callback. I create new
function
static int sendamavisd(int sock, const char *data, int r ,const char *name)
which is universal funkction to send parameter to amavisd and receive OK
from amavisd.
function return received value or error. I must changed format of retval to
EOT to one char (send chr($exit_code) instead of $exit_code) in amavisd  and
_LDA and _EOT (in amavis-milter.c) to string which cause to only one type of
data sended (string) and received (char).

After tis phase I need to upgrade my milter machie and then I can start
working on perl-milter.

Dibo