List:       amarok-devel
Subject:    Re: [amarok] src/context/engines/wikipedia: Fix crashes on track change (both with Phonon-GStreamer
From:       Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-09 9:01:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Matěj Laitl <matej@laitl.cz> wrote:

> On 8. 5. 2013 Erik Hovland wrote:
> > > We might want to do a 2.7.1 release for Linux, with this patch.
> >
> > May I second this sentiment. Amarok 2.7.0 on Ubuntu 13.04 is very crashy
> > because of this issue. It would be very helpful to get this tagged and
> get
> > it into backports or updates.
>
> We certainly can, OTOH, I wouldn't like to tag the current master as 2.7.1,
> because it contains other commits that need to settle down and because we
> have
> changed a couple of strings (and we don't have dual stable/trunk
> translations
> set up).
>
> What we can do is to create another branch on top of v2.7.0 and just add a
> couple of unobtrusive bugfix commits. We also can just remind packagers to
> apply these patches without a release, they already patch Amarok anyway.

The Kubuntu devs were very quick, they've already built packages containing
this patch (currently in testing). Still, I think doing a real bugfix
release is cleaner than relying on the packagers to patch things.

I suggest we go with a new branch from 2.7.0 and cherry-pick a couple of
important bugfixes, then tag as 2.7.1. We only need to release this for
Linux (does not affect Windows, AFAICS).

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer