List:       amarok-devel
Subject:    Question regarding "Reload Lyrics" button
From:       Martin <darklight.xdarklight () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-16 20:57:27

Hi,

I've got a quick question regarding the "reload lyrics" button in the lyrics
applet.
One of my patches (which just got upstream) enables Amarok to use cached
lyrics
This brings one usability change: now when the user presses the "reload
lyrics" button the lyrics are re-fetched (from the script) BUT they are not
saved anymore (at least here.. but I'm too tired to investigate that right now
- because if I see that correctly new lyrics SHOULD be saved (correct me when
I'm wrong)).

I've found the following comment in LyricsManager.cpp:

>            //TODO: what is the sane thing to do if we get a valid lyrics
result but there is cached lyrics set already?
>            //this entire system needs to be thought through a little better
I think -nhn

that's exactly the question I'm asking myself...
if you guys tell me what the desired behavior is I'll implement that :)

Regards,
Martin