List:       amarok-devel
Subject:    Re: Dropping IconLoader
From:       Harald Sitter <harald () getamarok ! com>
Date:       2008-01-07 18:49:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag 07 Januar 2008 18:41:23 schrieb Ian Monroe:
> Couldn't we drop the Amarok icon theme in general? There's still a few
> icons missing in Oxygen probably, but they did a pretty good job in
> covering all the icons for us (they even have an icon specifically for
> "media scripts" so they were obviously paying attention to Amarok).
> We'll depend on kdebase/runtime in KDE4 probably, so we should be in
> good shape.

Yeah we are going to drop the _current_ theme, the idea of using -amarok
suffixes is just so we don't have to raise the KDE dep for every new icon we
introduce.

Example:
we introduce an irc client, oxygen makes us a nice and shiny icon, so we add
network-irc-client-amarok to our shipment until it makes sense to raise the
KDE dep to a version which already includes network-irc-client in which case
we would kick it from our source again.

So really, the suffixing is just to be future proof for new icons.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Project Manager         Mail: harald@getamarok.com