List:       amarok
Subject:    Re: Backup Feature
From:       "Ian Monroe" <ian () monroe ! nu>
Date:       2007-04-18 21:35:56

On 4/18/07, Joshua Treacher <jtreach@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Inclusion of a backup feature similar to the one in iTunes would be
> nice. It backs up to CD or DVD and sorts out what music should go were. Also
> if you put the cd back in your machine iTunes pops up a box asking if you
> want to pull the music off the cd.
>
> Sorry to bang on about iTunes, amarok is far far > than iTunes
>
> --
> Josh.

This would actually be handy. I wrote (but never really finished) a
PHP script that did something similar to this. But really it should be
a feature of K3B though (its not specific to music files at all). You
might send the request over there.

Having an import option is an interesting feature idea. How we handle
media devices and CD's is probably the most unclear part of Amarok
2.0...

Ian