List:       amarok
Subject:    Re: VLC engine for amarok
From:       "Ian Monroe" <ian () monroe ! nu>
Date:       2007-01-30 5:40:24

Well we're just about to shelf Amarok 1.4 as far as feature
enhancements are concerned and stick it in its own branch. Amarok 2.0
development is about to start.

What form Amarok sound engine will take in 2.0 (whether to make it a
separate process, licensing, how much coupling with Phonon) is kind of
up in the air at this point, so its also probably premature to think
about adding a new engine for 2.0. That said, your welcome to help us
figure all this out. :)

As far as the code you have, sticking it on sourceforge or google code
hosting is probably a good idea. I just request that in the title to
not have the first word be 'Amarok' (so something like "VLC Engine for
Amarok", not "Amarok VLC Engine") and to make it clear that its not
part of the Amarok project.

Ian Monroe