List:       amarok
Subject:    Re: Database Features (suggestions)
From:       "Michael Guimet Pekszyc" <michaelangelgp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-29 23:17:57

Hi Jeff

I mean the following:
The user has a cd or dvd with mp3 files on it (as an example we will
use "Best of ABC") . He introduces the cd (or dvd) and tells the
program (prokyon3 in this case) to add the cd to the database. The
program asks the user to introduce a label for the cd it's about to
scan. The user presumably writes the label there's on the physical cd
(or anything else he wants) (for our example that would be "Best of
ABC"). Then the songs on the database from the cd are refered to the
cd label (ABC-Song A--->>Best of ABC). So when the user searches for
the song he wants to listen (Song A), if it's not on the hard drive
(it isn't, it's on the cd), he sees it's on cd "Best of ABC", looks
for the physical cd, mounts it and listens to the song.

Has anyone else on the list used prokyon3?

Thanks everyone...

Michael