List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alsaplayer-devel]cdda replace w/ cdparanoia?
From:       Andy Lo A Foe <andy () alsa-project ! org>
Date:       2000-11-15 21:53:01

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Jerry Walter Segers wrote:

> Forgive me if this is a dumb idea, but would it be reasonable/appropriate to link \
> cdparanoia into alsaplayer?   I'm learning c++ right now so it'll be a few weeks \
> before I can do anything useful toward coding this myself, but if it's a dumb idea \
> please tell me and I won't bother.  Eventually alsaplayer will be able to scratch \
> (like a dj not a klutz) cd audio, this I vow. \
> http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/down.html

Howdy, there is already a CDDA plugin in alsaplayer (not a very good
one). Yes, I've actually played CD tracks backwards at -400% :)
So the infrastructure for "scratching" is there!! To the other folks on
the list: I'm trying to finish my degree this year (give or take some
months :) so things are quite busy. My next target for an update:

- Early December

What is planned:
- Libify alsaplayer
- Make the whole GUI pluggable