List:       alpine-info
Subject:    [Alpine-info] Breaks in connection
From:       Riku Virtanen <rvi () sci ! fi>
Date:       2010-09-29 16:20:32

Hi all,

Earlier with Pine, I build a system with two IMAP connections to a Finnish
email server Saunalahti and to Gmail. Both are connected and I can see
them via L-command. The connection was almost breakless.
Then Alpine came and now I have only Alpine. Its connection breaks
occasionally, say, some times every day. First, it starts to beeping and
the machine beeps untill I press Y-command. Secondly, when I want to go
any folder straight via g-command or via a folder list via L-command,
usually the connection breaks first and after 60 seconds it says about the
connection, I press y and all works again.

Can anyone identify this situation?

Riku