List:       alpine-info
Subject:    [Alpine-info] alpine web interface
From:       Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff () jeff ! net>
Date:       2008-11-21 21:09:35

Hello,

I am struggling to get the alpine web interface running.  I do finally
have the login page up, but when I try to login I get:

Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator
Please click your browser's Back button to return to the Web Alpine Home
Page to try again...

I have the alpine built imapd running from inetd, and on the login page I
selected "choose your own server" and entered the FQDN of my server.  I'm
kind of stuck!

I also tried to login to another site that has working IMAP service, and
got this:

Certificate failure for mail.sgvi.net: self signed certificate:
/C=US/ST=VI/L=St Thomas/O=SGVI/CN=fs.sgvi.net/emailAddress=admin@sgvi.net

It *may* be that this certificate has expired, and I will check into that,
but is there a way to let me go forward anyway?

Is there a way to remove the option "deskmail" and make it default to my
own server?  It seems deskmail is more a UAW site...

alpine is wonderful - been using pine since it was born and elm before
that.  Thanks for all the hard work that has obviously gone into this.
Hope someone can set me in the right direction...

Thanks!