List:       alice
Subject:    [alice] PCMCIA Network Problems
From:       Tom Becker <tjb () rzg ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2002-05-15 13:38:01

Hi all

I've tried a new installation on a Notebook with a PCMCIA
Networkinterface.
YaST loads the needed modules an does not have any problems with the
Network.
But at the end YaST (or SuSEConfig or ALICE) do not set the parameters
for
PCMCIA correctly (file: /etc/pcmcia/network.opts).
Gateway, DNS and IP are there, but NETMAST, NETWORK and BROADCAST
are missing. I use my standard configfiles that also worked on other
machines
(some changed parameters of course).

Does anyone knows a solution to this problem or has some hints for
PCMCIA-
Installation, as the whole ALICE-List is empty concerning this...

thanks

Tom Becker