List:       alice
Subject:    [alice] Extended Partition with AutoYast2 (SuSE 8.0)
From:       Carsten Dumke <Carsten.Dumke () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-05-11 9:16:41

Hi,

is it possible to create an extended partition with yast2 in autoinstall
mode and
how?

My system is SuSE 8.0 and I would like to install the following partition
layout on
/dev/hda: (P: primary partition, E: extended partition, mount: mount point)

# P/E ID mount (size)
1: P 0x83 /boot (20M)
2: P 0x83 / (1024M)
3: E 0x82 swap (300M)

The extended partition should contain:
ID mount (size)
0x83 /tmp (300M)
0x83 /var (1024M)
0x83 /home (remaining space)

I use on the install server:
yast2-config-autoinst-2.5.16-1
yast2-module-autoinst-2.5.23-0
yast2-trans-autoinst-2.5.14-6

I boot the client with PXE/DHCP/NFS using the kernel, initrd and root from
SuSE 8.0 CD1:
CD1/suse/images/boot/linux
CD1/suse/images/boot/initrd
CD1/suse/images/root

If I configure only 4 primary partitions in autoinst.xml automatic
installation succeeds.

Thanx!

--
Ciao,