List:       aix-l
Subject:    AIX 4.3.2 Ifor_ls Configuration Problem
From:       Dwight McCann <dwight () TRIXIE ! ISC ! UCSB ! EDU>
Date:       2000-05-31 22:05:39

Does anyone know what this error from i4config means? I'm trying to use
C/C++ 3.6.6, but it wants a license (which I have) but I can't seem to
get the server running.

---------------------------

Do you want to disable remote administration of this Nodelock License
Server? [y,n]: y

Choose the desired Server(s) logging level
      2) All
      3) Customized

Please indicate your choice [1,2,3]: 1

The default Log file(s) path is /var/ifor
Enter blank to accept default or specify a new path:

Server configuration is complete.

Do you want to configure this machine as a Network License Client too?
[y,n]: n

Do you want the License Server(s) automatically start on this system
at boot time? [y,n]: y
mkitab: 0481-205 The ident entry already exists in /etc/inittab.

WARNING: Configuration is about to end.
         This is your last chance to quit before your updates will be
written.

Do you want to continue? [y,n]: y

*** Configuration file updated. ***

Do you want the License Server(s) start now? [y,n]: y
0513-059 The i4llmd Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 24250.

GRL-2050: *** Fatal error from I4LLMD:
License database on an invalid node.
CFG-20040: Error(s) reported by 1 or more services: 'Start Services'
failed

* Configuration completed successfully *

Strange message that the configuration was successful!!!!

--
Dwight M. McCann
Phone: 805-893-3113