List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: Did regular man pages disappear with AIX v4.3.2?
From:       Todd Gurry <Todd.Gurry.B () BAYER ! COM>
Date:       1999-03-31 16:45:58

Follow these steps to install the old fashion command line / character based
man pages on AIX 4.3.2. Should take up almost 100MB in the /usr filesystem
(/usr/share/man).

1. Create the following file named:
/usr/sys/inst.data/user_bundles/MAN-PAGES.bnd

# Bundle Name:       MAN-PAGES
#
bos.html.en_US.nav
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds1
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds2
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds3
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds4
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds5
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds6
bos.html.en_US.tec.base
bos.html.en_US.tec.commo

2. Insert the CD labeled:
"AIX V4.3.2 Base Documentation (5765-C34)"

3. Install the bundle:
# smit installp
Select Install Software Bundle
Select /dev/cd0 as the INPUT device