List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: SSA configuration help!
From:       <hercom () ETB ! NET ! CO>
Date:       2005-12-29 14:58:32

1. Check which pdisks are in the enclosure you want to move:
# lsdev -Cc pdisk
 Those with the ID of the 7133 (4 chars shown in the little window in front
of the 7133) included in the location code, are to be excluded from the
system.
2. Check the physical to logical relationship of the pdisks you will move:
# ssaxlate -l pdiskX (where X is the pdisk number you got on step 1).
3. Check the state of the corresponding hdisks:
# lspv
4. If any of the hdisks you want to move is in state Active, you should
varyoff (and perhaps exportvg) the volume group to which it is related. If
the volume group includes more disks, it can become unusable, so the
information should be first moved, and the volume group reduced (see
reducevg) to free the disks you will remove.
5. Remove from the system the hdisks
# rmdev -dl hdsikX (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. X is the number you got on
step 2, do not mix the pdisks number with the hdisks numbers).
6. Remove the pdisks (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. X is the number you got on
step 1, do not mix the pdisks number with the hdisks numbers).
7. Turn off the 7133-D40 to move
8. Connect the ssa links to the new system, to the channels A1 and A2 OR B1
and B2. Do not mix A and B channels on the same loop.
9. Turn on the 7133-D40
10. Detect the devices on the new system
# cfgmgr -v
11. If necessary, create Volume groups, logical volumes and filesystems on
the disk recently added.

That's all.

HC