List:       aix-l
Subject:    one smb question
From:       Antonio Prado <antonio.prado () TIDALSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2005-12-20 10:05:11

Hi,

I am getting nuts here, I have installed (by compiling ) a smb on aix 5.1.
I need to get a share on a windows and be able to mount on the aix. I have
changed the windows domain to the domain of smb (smbdomain). I was able to
on windows mount a exported smb share, but what I need (mount on aix the
windows share) I am not getting this done.
this is my smb.conf
# cat smb.conf
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.10.40.133 (10.10.40.133)
# Date: 2005/12/20 03:50:34

[global]
        workgroup = SMBDOMAIN
        netbios aliases = aixda08
        client signing = Yes
        server signing = Yes
        paranoid server security = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 10.10.40.7
        wins support = Yes
        ldap ssl = no
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        username = antonio root
        valid users = root, antonio, administrator
        admin users = root, antonio, administrator
        acl check permissions = No
        acl map full control = No

[apps]
        comment = All apps on aixqa08
        path = /apps
        read only = No

[win-ap]
        path = 10.10.40.126:/c/DownloadDirector

[home]
        path = /home/antonio

[from-win]
        comment = shares from windows
        path = 10.10.40.126:/c/DownloadDirector
#

questions:
is it possible for me to just mount the share via mount command, I did try
but keeps on hanging.
is it possible for me by putting the shares of windows on smb.conf and
then mounting on the unix machine.
BTW, the server is where I want to mount the windows share.

thank you for any help.

./antonio/.