List:       aix-l
Subject:    Moving applications from 32 bit kernel to AIX 5.3 64-bit kernel
From:       John Dunn <jdunn () sefas ! com>
Date:       2005-07-28 8:56:25

We have some 32-bit C applications we currently run on AIX 4.33 and AIX 5.2
with 32 bit kernel enabled in AIX.
We now need to run them on AIX 5.3 running 64 bit kernel.

My understanding is that, since these are 32-bit applications, these can run
unchanged on AIX 5.3 running 64 bit kernel.

Is this correct?

John Dunn
Product Consultant
Sefas Innovation Limited
Direct Dial +44 (0) 117 373 6122
www.sefas.com

PLEASE NOTE SEFAS INNOVATION HAVE MOVED TO:
Sefas Innovation Ltd, CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL, UK.
Tel: +44(0) 117 373 6114
Fax: +44 (0) 117 373 6115
NEW DIRECT DIAL: +44 (0) 117 373 6122