List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: LIBPATH under dtprofile
From:       augusta Zhou <meijun_Zhou () SHANGHAIGM ! COM>
Date:       2004-12-19 0:51:43

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

I try the .kshrc, to set the LIBPATH, but it still not work.

Regards.
Zhou Meijun

IS Department
Shanghai General Motors Co., Ltd.

Tel: (021)28902879
Fax: (021)50317990
E-mail: meijun_zhou@shanghaigm.com

                                                                                      \

                    Jean-Marc Monnez                                                  \

                    <monnez.jean-marc@AGO       To:     aix-l@Princeton.EDU           \

                    RA.MSA.FR>                  cc:                                   \

                    Sent by: IBM AIX            Subject:     Re: LIBPATH under \
                dtprofile
                    Discussion List                                                   \

                    <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>                                             \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

                    Please respond to IBM                                             \

                    AIX Discussion List                                               \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

LIBPATH is considered by the system with special care for security reasons,
so an ordinary user can't mistify for example putting his own directory in
LIBPATH with a dynamic libc.a in it (made by himself) and then call a
program
with setuid bit. In this case the self-made libc.a calls can be used with
the
rights given by the setuid.
To avoid this possible behaviour, if a program has the setuid bit, then the
LIBPATH variable will be cleared to a standard value before this program is
really launched.

One way to get your LIBPATH modified is to put the value you want to use in
the user's .kshrc (or the file referenced in ENV variable) so every ksh
environment will get the wanted value.

HTH
Regards

-- JMM

-----------------------------
Jean-Marc MONNEZ
MSA / AGORA / ATD
monnez.jean-marc@agora.msa.fr
-----------------------------

augusta Zhou a ¨¦crit :

> Hi, list
>
> I met a strange problem, I cann't make LIBPATH active in .dtprofile, any
> other variable is work, even I change the LIBPAT or LIBPAH, they are work
> too, is there any special OS constrain for LIBPATH variable??
>
> Regards.
> Zhou Meijun
>
> IS Department
> Shanghai General Motors Co., Ltd.
>
> Tel: (021)28902879
> Fax: (021)50317990
> E-mail: meijun_zhou@shanghaigm.com
(See attached file: monnez.jean-marc.vcf)

["=?gb2312?B?bW9ubmV6LmplYW4tbWFyYy52Y2Y=?=" (application/octet-stream)]