List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Duplicate Detection in a cluster
From:       Adrian Fitzpatrick <adrian.fitzpatrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-30 10:55:58

Hi,

I'm working on a migration from WebLogic to Artemis JMS, so a lot of my
terminology/understanding is probably from a WebLogic perspective -
hopefully my question will still make sense!

One of the features we want to achieve is duplicate detection in a cluster.
We can see from the documentation (
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/1.1.0/duplicate-detection.html)
and have successfully tested the duplicate detection when working on a
single server.

However, when working in a cluster, it's not clear to me if the
duplicate detection will work as i want so just wanted to check if anyone
had experience with this, before we start on testing. To clarify, what we
are dealing with is a situation where a client (or multiple clients) are
round robin sending messages to multiple Artemis servers. If clients sends
message to a queue on Server A and then later resends same message to
Server B, how can Server B know the message was already processed on Server
A?

Hope the question makes sense! Appreciate any views from your experience!

Regards,

Adrian