List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Print problem: Top Margin and Bullets not printed
From:       "Reuben D. Budiardja" <techlist () voyager ! phys ! utk ! edu>
Date:       2004-08-28 20:23:45

Hello,
Using the latest abiword (2.0.11), compiled from source without gnome enabled,
I tried to print a document, either to printer directly or to file (.ps
file). The document output is that the Top margin of the printout is not what
it supposed to be, ie. it's smaller than what shown on abiword.

So for example if I print a document with top margin set to 0.5 inches., it
looks fine in the abiword windows. But if I print it to printer, or to a .ps
file and view it using something like ghostview, the first line of the
document is cut off, because the actual top margin is smaller than 0.5
inches.

A second problem is with bullets points. It simply wont show the bullet points
on the resulting .ps file, or on the printout output.

This two problem do not appear when I use --enable-gnome options when
compiling abiword. Anyone else seeing this? any help, please? Is this a bug?
I am compiling on Redhat Enterprise linux 3.

PS: I don't / can't use the version with --enable-gnome cause there's a
problem with gnome-print. It produced non-usable non-printable .ps file when
I print to file rather than to printer, reference my email to the list with
Subject: Print to file resulting non-printable ps file. Date:2004-08-06

Thanks for any help.
RDB
--