List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: pasword?
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2004-08-26 20:56:46

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, gerrit van wijk wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:50:07 +0200
> From: gerrit van wijk <gerritvanwijk@zonnet.nl>
> To: abiword-user@abisource.com
> Subject: pasword?
>

> Hi,
>
> Completely new to abiword.
> I saved a file as .doc

It is best to use native .ABW instead of .DOC if at all possible

> When I try to open it is asks for a pasword eventhough I never secured
> the file with a pasword.
> Anyway to open this file?
> What did I do wrong?

there are some glitches in the importers and abiword sometimes mistakenly
believes a file is password protected even though it is not.

I forget who but someone recently did a great amount of work and tracked
down the cause of this problem.
it should be available in the next release.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan