List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: compile problems
From:       F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin () sheffield ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-27 18:00:19

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Sam Halliday wrote:
> i am using gcc-2.95.3 and i have gnome 1.2, if i run
> make UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC=0 ABI_OPT_GNOME=1
> in the abi sub directory, i get an error that my c compiler cannot
> create executables...

This is an error that has been cropping up recently. I can't reproduce it
myself so I don't know how to fix it :-(

> also, how can i pass a prefix to this

make prefix=/opt/abisuite-1.0.1 UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC=0 ABI_OPT_GNOME=1

> in a failed attempt to get a configure script
> (which should be in the bottom directory anyway)

An oversight. Apologies for that.

> i tried to run autogen.sh, but this is the output;
> root:/usr/src/abiword-1.0.1/abi:./autogen.sh
> automake (GNU automake) 1.5

Indeed.

Any other problems?

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

"No, she really likes me. She told me I look like Britney Spears, and why
would you say that to somebody you don't like?"
                                                           --- Elle Woods