List:       xml-dev
Subject:    [xml-dev] static site generators
From:       Lucas Vogel <lucas.vogel () endpointsystems ! com>
Date:       2017-01-14 17:08:17

One thing I've noticed a big uptick in lately are static site generators, where you \
use a CLI app to create a site template and you use the tool features (typically the \
language features the CLI was written in) to put the site elements (themes, \
templates, content, etc.) together, and then use the tool to compile, deploy and host \
the site itself. You can find a list of them by popularity rankings here: \
https://www.staticgen.com/ If you look at the site generators, you see them written \
in Javascript, Go, .NET, PHP, Python; even bash and awk have a couple. But only one \
(Stog) have anything to do with XML.

Does anyone know of any static site generators written around the XML format? I know \
of one on the .NET side for product documentation (Sandcastle) but it's increasingly \
becoming an obsolete framework (mainly because of the awful tags Microsoft put into \
its MAML markup language). Are there any others out there?