List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    Re: [webkit-dev] Git meeting notes
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2010-04-13 7:10:35

On Apr 12, 2010, at 6:28 PM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

> One thing that wasn't mentioned at the meeting is that git doesn't seem to have the \
> same monotonously increasing revision numbers as svn does. It will be a problem to \
> replace REGRESSION(r12345) with \
> REGRESSION(96c3b0300ccf16b64efc260c21c85ba9030f2e3a).

Can you clarify what you mean?  Do you mean we have tools that expect a number and \
not a sha or something else?

> Similarly, it would be hard to tell if a given nightly build includes changes made \
> in a certain commit.

Each nightly would have a sha so you could list all of the sha's between the two and \
grep for the one you are looking for

git rev-list yesterday_sha..today_sha | grep certain_sha

Or more similar to svn would be to count the commits in the sha to get the increasing \
revision number.  Each daily could include this number and so you could count the \
number that certain_sha would be to see if it was between yesterday and today.

git rev-list sha | wc -l

-Benjamin Meyer