List:       vnc-list
Subject:    using vnc for remote testing
From:       Diane Fahr <fahr1 () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-03-30 18:40:22

Here is the problem I have encountered.  I am using VNC to access test
machines that are set up as VNC servers.
I bring up the desktop using the  VNC viewer program on my computer at
home and  I begin our automation test scripts.
The scripts fail quickly saying unable to open a file, which I know is
there, and if I open it by hand,
it opens without a problem.  I used our other tool, which is similiar to
vnc  that allows you to access a computer remotely
and automation worked fine.   Is there a trick to having our automation
work using VNC?

Thanks,
Diane

fahr1@us.ibm.com