List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    8.1.7 Installation caveats LVM on SuSE 7.0
From:       "Ferdinand Gassauer" <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-06-29 6:17:22

Hi!

FYI

After installing all 8.1.7 packages the SYSTEM partion was nearly full.

Although the database files were on "autoextend=yes" the files could not be
extended because the logical volume was set to about the inital size of the
SYSTEM partition.

The import of my production database "crashed" somewhere in the middle,
because the SYSTEM partition could not hold any more data.

I watched the tablespace usage closely with tora's storagemanager and
increased the LV with Yast while importing the database - works nice :-)

BTW, has someone written a script which compares the LV size with the
partition size and the autoextend size?

cu
ferdinand